Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Telemachus is still a boy and still maturing. I see this in his lack of control in Ithaca from the suitors and allowing them to take advantage of his fathers absence. It takes a push from Athena for him to decide to step up and either find his father or take his place. One of his most mature moments to me, is when he stands up to the suitors. I also think that his choice to sail away from Ithaca shows him maturing because he is leaving his childhood home and taking the situation ( The suitors and his father not returning) into his own hands.

Telemachus has huge shoes to fill and I don't think he is ready to do so yet. However, I think that he is maturing and will someday be as great and heroic as his father. I think that absence of Odysseus is giving Telemachus an opportunity to grow and prove himself. In a way, I think that Odysseus' captivity is at the perfect time for Telemachus to mature and not be so over shadowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment